Thursday 1 January 2015

Started the Chillies and some Toms.

Planted this years chillies and sweet peppers today (New Years Day) as I have done for the last few years.

I have still bags and bags of frozen chillies in the freezer, jars and jars of pickled, dried and powdered chili, so this year I have sown less hot peppers and more sweet peppers.

In fact the Capsicum list this year is a total of three, Jalapeño, Sweet Yummy (Snack Bite), and Ancho Poblano. So really no really hot peppers at all this year. I do have a over wintering Ghost Pepper.

The Sweet Yummy peppers are all grown from seed save from last years crop,  so free  plants this year, hopefully they are true to form as they where grown next to Orange habaneros.


Sown the seeds this year in a tray with just compost instead of the coir pellets I normally use. Just to see if works it works out better.

I have also started of some Tomatoes, Craigella a little early maybe, but the packet did say from January onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment