Tuesday 25 February 2014

Busy in Garden at Home #2

Well the back garden is slowly getting there now, The brewshed is now up. Took all day to do it, but it's looking good, at least it was a dry day when it was put up, makes a change what with the weather over the last few months. The ground is still soggy as hell out there still.

I really need a few dry days, so I can go over the whole brewshed with a preservative. It has been done once already but because it's a ex-display unit I want to go over the whole lot again.




This coming Thursday we will lay the decking, where the blue tarp is, but until then I have plenty to do on the inside. Most of the brewing equipment is now in the brewshed, I still have to bring the ready to drink wines and beers up from the garage and some old furniture that I'll be using.

I already part built two kitchen units and along one of the walls and laid a 2 meter worktop on the top. Still all needs leveling and finishing. (My birthday present from the good lady wife).

Time for the 1st beer in the brewshed. A pumpkin ale, lovely ..

5 comments:

  1. Wow it's looking real nice I could with doing with one of those big brewshed,I have 2 small sheds in the garden full of junk and cases of kit beers I've made. Will you be brewing the beer in the shed or is it for storage,look forward to more pictures of the shed bein mg filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be brewing in there as well, electrics are all in, just need to sort out some heaters for the demijohns and the big brew fermenting buckets. Already stocked as a Pub tho' just need to name it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one have you got Jane trained to bring you some tea while you are brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tradition states one must drink ones own homebrew while brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous in the extreme! Although I have a partner who is very tolerant of Demijohns in the living room a purpose buit Brewhouse is a dream. Just lifted the last of the Parsnips before they get too woody so need to brew a big batch before the summer fruit starts arriving, which reminds me, must crack on with another batch of "Captains Secret" or I'll be left with an empty beer cupboard whilst it brews!

    ReplyDelete