Tuesday 4 March 2014

Brewday : Coopers Stout 40 Pint Beer Kit

It's been  quite a while since I have made up a home-brew kit and I had forgotten how easy and quick they are to do without much in the way of clean up afterwards.

I received the Coopers Stout kit for Christmas and we are now in March so I thought it was about time I got it going. Plus it'll fill my pressure barrel nice and fast so I have draft Stout ready in the Brewhouse when the warmer evenings come along.



The kit was just made up pretty much as standard, the only changes have been the addition of a old tin of Black Treacle that needed using up in the cupboard about 400g in total and the yeast used is an open packet of Mauribrew Ale yeast that also needed using.

SG has started at 1044 so if all goes well the ABV should come out at 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment