Saturday 29 March 2014

Brewday: Evil Dog American Double IPA (KIT)

For my Birthday last week I received this homebrew kit from my lovely wife, Evil Dog American Double IPA by bulldogbrews.co.uk,




It's like no other kit that I have done before as it's a complete kit, no extra sugar is needed. When I opened the box the contents also had me smiling. No tin of extract, but a big bag of it, a massive bag of yeast and 2 hop additions in the form of teabags.

The hops that are in the bags are Simcoe and Summit, the yeast on the box states that it's a special US West Coast craft beer yeast. (Might have to try and save the slurry for another kit I have to do)

I am just following the included instructions to make up the beer, it's pretty much the same as any kit, the only thing that is new to me is the Hop teabags which are added later on in the ferment  to add flavour and aroma.

The brew looks like it has a long old ferment, 8-10 days according to the leaflet inside the kit, but it does have to reach 7.1% ABV after all.

I checked the SG before adding the yeast and it came in at 1062.

This will help stock the Brewshed with beer, thanks to my lovely wife Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment