Sunday 16 March 2014

Coopers Stout (In the pressure barrel)

The Coopers Stout kit has finished it's fermenting at a SG of 1010. A nice 4.5% ABV.
The beer has been put into my pressure barrel this time, so I'll have nice draft beer in the brewshed.

Added 70g of sugar to the barrel dissolved in 500ml of warm pre-boiled water and then transferred the beer. Sealed the barrel up tight and I'll let it sit in the house for a week before moving it into the Pub (Brewshed).

Nice to see the old barrel nice and full. Had a quick taster of the Stout, as you do, and you can taste the Treacle that was added on brewday. I'm glad I didn't over do it with the treacle as the flavour comes through just nice,not over powering the beer.

Hardest part is trying to leave the beer alone to condition properly and not drink it, should really leave it alone now for at least 3 weeks (one week per 10 SG drop) but the 24th is my Birthday so I'll have a few then. It'll still get a good eight days warm conditioning before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment