Saturday 26 July 2014

Another Nice Harvest.

25072014294

So much going on this week again, but had a chance to head down the Allotment for a quick check over, weed and harvest the produce.

Few more beetroots for Jane to pickle, all four types of beans, French and Runners, Three lovely Pati Pan's, couple more of the ever producing Courgettes,and the first two Chilies, a cucumber and a few more lovely Crystal Lemon Cucumbers.   Even a few raspberries that are continuing to fruit even though they are autumn varieties.

I've left a single courgette to grow into a Marrow as it's the Green Bush variety so we can make up a Marrow Jam again.

The pumpkins are doing okay as well, So far I have three fruits forming. Pumpkin Beer here we come.

 

5 comments:

  1. Gosh you have done well, I have had lots of small tomatoes and some herbs but not much else yet, although the runner beans and the courgettes are beginning to make some good progress. I love beetroot but have not had much success growing it, any tips? As for your squashes, they look fab - do you normally roast them, I love them roased, they are so tasty and enjoyable cooked like that. Happy veg harvesting and well done again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fettlersonland26 July 2014 at 21:59

    Can I have your pumpkin beer recipe, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. fettlersonland29 July 2014 at 19:23

    Thanks, Simon. Lots of inspiration there for us! We just bought a job lot of demijohns. First project bramble wine. We've done lots of homebrewing before but never all grain so that's going to be fun. We should have spare pumpkins for the bitter. Where did you get your hop plants? I've only managed to get common hops so far. Mind you I'm not sure if Fuggles and co would make it in SW Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.willingham-nurseries.co.uk/hop.html was where I got them, they are in year two. Unfortunately I have to move them to another site on the allotment this year.

    ReplyDelete