Friday 18 July 2014

Recipe : Quick and Easy HOT SAUCE!!!



Last year I grew quite a few hot chilli peppers one of which was a chili called Anaheim. To free up a bit of freezer space for this years produce I have made up another Hot Sauce. It's a really easy way to make a cracking Louisiana style hot sauce so I thought I would share it here.

This makes about 150 ml of yummy thick sauce.

Ingredients:



  • 110g of any type of hot chilli, if they are dried soak for 30 mins in hot water.

  • 250 ml White Wine Vinegar

  • 1 tsp Salt


Method:



  • Roughly chop the Chillies and put in a pan with the Vinegar and Salt.

  • Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins or until very soft.

  • Tip the contents into a food processor and blitz until smooth.

  • Strain the blended contents into sterile bottles via a sieve.

  • Leave to mature for 2 weeks.


Easy as that. This sauce should keep for a month or so, but mine is normally gone way before that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I might try this, thanks. I just bought a bag of 30 hot chilllies for 50p from the market this morning so am looking for inspiration. My chillies always seem to wither and die before I get any fruit off them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you!! I have 5 chilli plants growing in the polytunnel - all producing lots of chillis (whatever persuaded me that I needed 5 plants!!). This sounds like a great way to use them up. One of mine is Anaheim.

    ReplyDelete