Tuesday 21 February 2012

Chillies, hot hot hot



Just a quick picture of my chilli plants growing away nicely on the windowsill.

The 1st row in the picture are unknown chillies that where sown from seeds collected from chilli fruits I was given last year so I have no idea what they are as I forgot to label the packets correctly when I saved the seeds from the fruits so I'll have to wait and see what becomes of these.

The 2nd row are Cayenne chillies ( Scoville Heat Rating : 30,000-50,000 )

The back row are Prairie Fire chillies, a very compact bush chilli with small fiery chillies that mature from yellow to red. Ideal as a small pot plant as it grows to around 15cm in hight ( Scoville Heat Rating : 70,000  )

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your plants are well ahead! I only put mine in this week and they are sweating nicely in the propagator. I'm aiming to grow more this year as we became addicted to chilli jam and the recipe starts with 500g of chillies ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all about a month along, and that Chilli Jam sounds wicked. I'm the only "hot head" in the house so I'm only growing on 6 plants in total this year.

    ReplyDelete