Thursday 23 February 2012

Tumbling Tom's

Last year I had 4 Tomato Tumbling Tom's that we bought as plants from the garden centre, growing out of the top of an old strawberry planter and got a quite decent crop keeping in mind I just left them to do their own thing.

Well last year following a Tomato seed saving guide that I found on the Internet I saved the seeds from my Tumbling Tom's and to my surprise they all germinated.



The plan this year is to plant them into a hanging basket that we have and look after them this time with a proper tomato feed and hope for a bumper crop.

2 comments:

  1. My Tumblers did brilliantly last year as well - just left them to their own devices in hanging baskets and remembered to water them from time to time. I got a bumper crop and will be doing the same again this year too. I also planted nasturtiums in with them and they grew like triffids too. They weren't in any special compost so I can only conclude that they aren't fussy. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on growing some tumbling toms this year and had intended to plant them in hanging baskets but having read your post I will try some in my strawberry planters too. Let's hope I have good results! Will keep you informed of my progress.

    ReplyDelete