Monday 20 February 2012

Sown the 1st seeds for the Allotment

Decided to give some seeds a head start and planted in modular pots - a lot of the magazines and books we had read had recommended this instead of just planting seeds straight into the ground.  So I did some cauliflowers, parsnips, cabbages and leeks, not all of them though, will stagger my planting so I dont have a glut of veg all at once.  Don't really want to be stuck with 50 cabbages all at once, or 70 parsnips!  So planted some today, will do some more in a few weeks and then fill in gaps as necessary.  So hopefully in a month or so they will be ready to put out on the allotment.  If they grow.  They should grow.  The tomatoes I planted indoors are doing ok, and I have some aubergines and sweet peppers now, and my cucumbers are looking lovely so my fingers must be at least a little tiny bit green.  Fingers crossed these all do well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment