Thursday 24 April 2014

Fermenting : Yellow Plum Wine (Songold Plums)

The Yellow Plum Wine has been macerating in the 5 litre bucket for the four days as the recipe states. So today it starts it's journey into a sweet wine. I say sweet due to the fact 1.75kg (4lb) of sugar went into the demijohn.

As normal, I strained the liquor onto the sugar in the demijohn. Gave it all a good shake to dissolve the sugar, then added yeast nutrient and Yeast (1 tsp of each) and gave it another good shake up.

Nearly got a full demijohn, I'm glad of the headspace this time because the last few have blown their tops off when they first start the ferment. I'll top it up in a few days once it dies down a bit.

My Good Lady's chickens are now feasting on the barley and plums left over in the bucket. So nothing is being wasted with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment