Wednesday 1 January 2014

1st seeds sown for 2014 (Chillies)

New Years Day is here, so just like last year I have sown my chilli seeds in coir pellets and put them all in the heated propagator.

I'm not doing as many plants this year as I had way to many hot chillies to deal with last year. I fact I stall have chilli fruits still on a few plants in the greenhouse still to be harvested.

This years peppers are:

  1. Yummy (Sweet Pepper)

  2. Big Banana (F1 hybrid Sweet Pepper)

  3. Telimena (Sweet Pepper)

  4. Bulgarian Carrot (Hot Pepper)

  5. Habenero Orange (hot Pepper)


As last year we had far to many hot peppers this year we are going for more sweet peppers and a few new types of hot pepper. With a total of around 10 plants in the greenhouse instead of last year when I had 24 plants of mostly fiery hot chillies to deal with.

I've also been put in charge of trying to grow Aubergines as Jane had a go last year and they didn't come to anything at all. They are also in the propagator at the moment. The variety of Aubergine we tried last year was Black Beauty so I'm having a go at these again and using last years seed packet. Going to try for 5 plants that will live in the poly-tunnel when the sun comes back.

2 comments:

  1. Just poked our seeds in the airing cupboard. Those jiffies look like some kinda chocolate yummy baked goodies :-) choccie n chillis yum yum. One third approx of my emulating-Jane-and-Simon-overwintering chillis in the "conservatory" have kicked the bucket. Also cutting down - we don't have space to "waste".
    Still Massively coveting your heated prop n chillis (covet,covet)
    <3 Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, germination has already started. The coir pellets are really handy, no root damage when potting on.

    ReplyDelete