Monday 27 January 2014

Bottled :Townhouse Ale

Well the Townhouse Ale has been sitting in the fermenting bucket for 12 days or so and has finished fermenting as far as I can tell, the Final SG is at 1006 down from 1068 giving a ABV of 7.7%.

I was hoping it would clear a lot more than it has, but I'm not to concerned as very old Ales made with Honey from my research are cloudy as a rule. I sure that as time goes by and it conditions in the bottle I will get a lot clearer. Each bottle has been primed with a 1/2 tsp of Brewing Sugar as I don't want the Ale to be very fizzy to replicate Ales of old.

I had a little glass of the Townhouse Ale (which looks like Prison Hooch) and it's quite drinkable, it certainly won't win any competitions. The hops come through the Honey okay, and it's bitter enough on the pallet. The honey has taken center stage as I knew it would with that amount in the brew.

I'm quite pleased on how it turned out, it's a drinkable Ale and I hope after warm conditioning for a week or so, then a few weeks in the cool, it will clear out lovely. If not, so be it, I'll still drink the bugger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment