Wednesday 8 January 2014

Fermenting : Pumpkin Bitter

Way back last year I made up a pumpkin beer and it's been sitting in it's no-chill cube until I was allowed space in the dining room to ferment it. The wort has been sat in the cube for 29 days on top of 5g of Fuggles and 5g of Target home grown hops. It smelled lovley when I was pouring it into the fermention bucket on top of the required 2.5 liters of boiled water to bring the gravity down to the 3.6% ABV I am after.

The yeast used is Munton's standard Yeast that I had hanging around that needed to be used, so hopefully I'll see signs of fermentation quite soon.

Just as a side note, I ferment with all the trub and cold break, pretty much always have, and the beers come out just great.


Left to Right : Elderberry Wine, Pumpkin Beer, Parsnip wine,

No comments:

Post a Comment