Monday 19 May 2014

Bottled : Well in 2 small Kegs : Chinook APA (BIAB+No-Chill)

Well fermentation has come to a halt for the Chinook APA, it's been steady now at 1018, a quite high Final Specific Gravity but the beer still comes in at 3.3% ABV. So a nice light Summer Ale, the sample from the trial jar when I took the SG reading was very nice, little sweet due to the remaining unfermented sugars but still VERY drinkable.

Due to it's lower ABV, I decided to put this beer into my recycled Old Speckled Hen mini kegs, of which I now have two. I didn't bother with the Dry Hopping as the beer was fine as it was.

After a good clean out with warm water, then StarSan, they both got primed with 11g of sugar before filling them up from the fermentor to about 2cms from the top.



Kept the priming sugar level low so I don't buckle the kegs, and after a couple of hours I vented a small amount of gas out of each keg to make sure I had just a Co2 blanket. I'll try and leave these to condition for 3 weeks before cracking into one of these kegs.

Both these little Kegs hold 10 pints and I managed to fill both right up.

So even with the mess up during brewing it still looks like I have a good 18-20 pints of beer ready for the Summer BBQ season.

No comments:

Post a Comment