Sunday 18 May 2014

Car Boot Bargains

Went off to a Car Boot sale this morning. Went looking for boozy related items.

Got eight one gallon demijohns for the massive price of £3.00, they all need a good clean but a bargain at that price, I asked the seller for the price of 2 and he said I could have the lot for £3.00 so it just had to be done. So I have now 16 demijohns in the Cabin Brewery, that should keep us in wine for a while and allow me to bulk condition the wines better.


Found a little tiny pewter tankard, it can't be more than 1/4 of a pint in size, a hefty price tag of £1.00. Here it is next to a pint Tankard. It's just a trinket really but looks nice next to the 1/2 pint pewter tankards I have.



Then on to what I was looking for. Bar Towels, got hold of three in total. Was after some of these to make a screen for the bottled wines as the morning Sun is coming directly through the window onto the wine bottles. £0.50 each








My lovely wife found me a old Pump Clip for £0.20, Black Sheep Brewery. A Yorkshire Brewery. The Clip is for Best Bitter and was the first Black Sheep brew conceived back in 1992.

So a nice bit of Brewing memorabilia for The Cabin Brewery














Another bit of Brewing memorabilia was an as good as new and still in it's box. Old Speckled Hen Limited Edition Millennium Tankard. No.850 from a limited run of 1000.

£2.00 if I remember right.





£0.50 for a half pint Keo Beer mug. I had one of these a long time ago, but lost it somewhere. So I grabbed this w
one to replace the one I had when I was in Cyprus.














£1.00 got me some Hobgoblin (Wychwood Brewery) halloween bunting. No idea what I will do with it yet, but this was brand new and still in it's wrapper.



Found a couple of Wine and Beer books there as well today. £0.50 each.

The first one is The Compleat Home Winemaker & Brewer by Ben Turner.

Then we found another old Country Wine book. Country Winemaking & Wine Cookery by Muriel Hooker Mackay


These old books are great for unusual wine recipes and a great bit of history as well.

So all in all a very successful car boot sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment