Tuesday 27 May 2014

Brewday : Easy Cider

Made up a quick Cider today, it's a dead easy method, just get some cheap supermarket Apple juice (from concentrate) pour it into a demijohn, I got 4 litres of juice at £0.60 per liter.

Then just add the yeast. In my case 1/2 a pack of youngs Cider Yeast.

Should have taken a SG reading, but I forgot, so I'll have no idea how strong the alcohol content will be.

I'll just leave this to ferment out completely then bottle into about 8 bottles with a bit of priming sugar so I get a effervescent cider.

£2.40 for the Juice and £1.30 for the yeast, not the cheapest cider at around £0.50 a bottle.

Only really made this for the odd non beer/wine drinker that visits, and I'll need a couple of bottles to do the Xmas gammon ham that we do every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment