Friday 30 May 2014

Kegged : Woodfordes Wherry Real Ale (KIT)


The Wherry is now filling my other pressure barrel, after a bit of hooharr but I'll go into that in a bit.

The beer finished at a respectable 1010 SG, so 4% ABV, just nice for a session beer.

Primed the Barrel with 80g of castor sugar dissolved in a little warm pre-boiled water and transferred the beer into the nice clean Barrel. Capped the barrel and left it to condition and clear some more.

Came back to it a little later to find the barrel tap was leaking beer all over the Cabin Brewery floor.

As a temporary fix, I wrapped the tap with electricians tape to help with the leak, and ordered a new tap online. The tap came two days later and I released the pressure from the barrel, replaced the tap and injected Co2 back into the barrel.

In total I lost about a pint of beer, so not all that bad, and I hope that the Wherry will survive, I'll know in a few weeks after a proper condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment